This is a class format I created and taught in years past before we created LOGIK. During those years it was the defining variable to high levels of success in my yearlong competitive cycling endeavors. This is a Zone 2 Average Heart Rate Ride (aka ‘Base Miles’). This is an Endurance Ride NOT a high intensity or interval ride. Clients can come for ALL four hours or for ANY portion of the ride in one hour increments. We created the signup so that you could choose what segments you wanted to commit to. The plan is to offer this series of classes every Sunday through the end of February. If you come for the full 4 hours and want to compete for the prize and title of Last Man (or Woman) Standing the rules are as follows:
1. No more than 10 minutes total off the bike.
2. Average HR for the 4 hours must be at least Z2/60% and not more than Z2/68%
3. At the end of the 4 hours (4:00pm); any riders that have met this HR & Cumulative Time requirement will have 3 minutes to get their HR up to Zone 4 (80%+) and hold it there until either they cant hold it and drop below Z4 or they are the Last Man Standing and beat me in which case they will be crowned the LMS of the week and their Sunday ride is FREE!
4. You are in charge of refilling your own water bottles
5. Cycling Videos, Music, and amazing commentary will be our entertainment. Feel free to bring your own earphones and music if you would like.
Base miles predominantly Z2 training is the FOUNDATION of your fitness. It is the physiological framework of incredible adaptations that serves as the literal ‘spring’ board for competitive as well as non-competitive endurance sports. It is also incredible for clients looking to make real and permanent changes in weight loss. Some of the adaptations are listed below:
1. Increased Muscle Glycogen storage= makes more available energy stores.
2. Conversion of Type IIb to Type IIa muscle fibers= recruitment of more of the slower muscle fibers for better muscular endurance
3. Increased Muscle Mitochondrial Enzymes- increases respiratory capacity of muscle
4. Increased Lactate Threshold= enhances lactate clearance. Staves off muscle fatigue.
5. Hypertrophy of slow twitch muscle fibers= increases muscular strength/endurance
6. Increased Plasma Volume= increases blood flow for better oxygen transport
7. Increased Muscle Capillarization- better transport of oxygen, CO2 and nutrients between tissues and circulatory system.
8. Increased Stroke Volume= lowers heart rate for max cardiac output
9. Increased VO2max= increases capacity of cardiovascular system
Signup here: http://logikpower.com/apps/mindbody/classes/362
Please email Jamie@LogikPower.com with any questions regarding the class, format, and what to expect.